S like… Strawberry
S like spring, S like sun and S like Strawberries! Let me share with you my mum’s strawberry salad recipe with orange flower water, one of the main Tunisian ingredient.
Whenever I ask my mother to give me a recipe, she kindly indicates all the ingredients, but without the dosage…. a little bit of these, then of that, then add this and here you go 🙂 So I tried my best to replicate it but don’t worry this one is easy, you will have no problem adding more of this or of that.
- 250g-350g of strawberries, Gariguette are my preferred one but any other would also work
- 10 tbsp of orange flower water
- 4 tbsp of water
- 1 (or 2) brown sugar
- 1/4 squeezed yellow lemon (if green lime , half)
- 5 leaves of mint
- wash the strawberries, dry them delicately and cut off their ends. Then slice the strawberries in little squares and put them in a bowl
- in a separate, start adding the orange flower and the water. As my mother told me, the water is dilute a little bit the concentre of orange flower water, but the orange flower has to remain predominant
- then add step by step the brown sugar, the squeezed lemon or lime. Always taste whenever adding an ingredient
- cut the mint leaves into small pieces and add them to the previous
- allow to sit in container for at least 10 min to let all the perfumes blossom
Then place the container in the fridge a little bit and then ENJOY IT !!!